ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is a thermoplastic 3D printing filament characterized by its reliability, stiffness, strength, and impact resistance. It also features higher dimensional stability and chemical resistance. These features make it useful for engineering, prototyping, function testing, part assembling and a lot more. ABS 3D printed parts are used in electronics cases, toys, and automotive body parts, just to name a few. Raise3D’s Premium ABS filament is both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified.
- Excellent impact resistance
- Good stiffness and tensile strength
Raise3D Premium ABS
ABS or Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene is one of the most widely used industrial thermoplastics, which has great mechanical properties and good heat resistance up to 90°C. Parts printed with ABS are not only widely used in the prototyping stage of product development, but also in later stage of function testing and parts assembling. Printed ABS parts have been successfully used in the manufacturing application with or without post-finishing. To print ABS successfully, heated bed and closed chamber is necessary; to print ABS in office/factory and indoor environments, an air filter is recommended.
- Tools and fitting
- Prototyping and concept models
- For a better bed adhesion, brim or raft are recommended and set bed temperature at 100 °C and turn off the cooling fan for the first few layers.
- PLA can be used for break-away support material for ABS.
For ideaMaker Users: