PLA (Polylactide) is a non-toxic, bio-based industrial thermoplastic that is 100% bio-degradable. It notable for being easy to print with, durable, and relatively strong, making it one of the most user-friendly 3D printing filaments available on the market. And as such, it is the filament most recommended for people who are new to 3D printing. Additionally, this ease-of-use makes it ideal to create 3D printed parts for design, prototyping, and jigs and fixtures. Raise3D’s PLA has a wide range of color options with excellent surface finishing and is both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified.
- Easy to print with excellent surface finish
- Wide range of colour options
- High stiffness and strength
- Biodegradable and environmentally friendly
Raise3D Premium PLA
PLA or Polylactic acid is a bio-degradable industrial thermoplastic, which is easy to print, durable and relatively strong. It is also non-toxic and free of unpleasant odor. Parts printed with PLA are widely used in the prototyping stage of product development to prove a concept, check the shape, confirm fit, etc. Models and parts printed with PLA are widely used in product demonstration and presentation in architecture, gaming and movie industries.
- Prototyping and design
- Architecture models
- Education and visualization
- Manufacture aids
- Art and sculpture
- Cooling fan is highly recommended to improve the part finish and to keep the printing chamber always lower than 60 °C.
- PVA can be used for cold-water-soluble support material for PLA.
For ideaMaker Users: